Friday 19 May 2017

Bee-ing Vintage

So I finally got my Bee n Blossom coloured image onto a card :D

I coloured the image with Copics and polychromos pencils.  I even had a go at doing see-through wings and I'm very happy with how they came out.

Once I'd coloured the image I then set about dotting grey Copic around the image.  After that - I'm still not quite sure where I got the idea from I grabbed my word stencil that I'd used recently on my Pink Flutterby canvas.

I used some walnut stain from Tim Holtz and proceeded to  dab it through using a sponge pad (I couldn't ind my tool so I got extremely inky!!)

The edges were then distressed with a combination of vintage photo and black soot ink from Tim Holtz.

I then stalled.  I loved what I done so much I didn't want to ruin it by cutting it up.

Finally I made a decision.  I kept the whole of the image, added some Kraft for a border and a couple of tiny brass antique corners.

It's turned out a beautiful vintage looking card - one of my favourites so far I think :D

Happy crafting everyone.
Don't forget I now have a blog challenge (the theme this time is Anything Goes) you can enter with anyone's images they don't have to be mine.  I also have a Facebook challenges but for these you do have to use my images.

Andrea x
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Creative Ladybirds - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles - Things with Wings
Sasayaki Glitter - Use Pink
Worldwide Open Design Team - Challenge 22
Dream Valley - Things with Wings
QKR Stampede - Things with Wings
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely stunning Andrea,fabulous colouring and love the Bee and the see through wings look brilliant-looks perfect as a vintage card especially with the script
Carol x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow such a gorgeous image and fabulous colouring. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS, Andrea! "Wow" on that image and on your fab coloring. While I'm here, let me put on a DT hat to say Thanks so much for playing in our "Anything Goes" or optional "Things with Wings" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Dorothy S said...

What a great look - your attention to detail such as the sponging and use of the stencil provide such a lovely background for the gorgeous image. We are glad to see your entry for the weekly Anything Goes challenge (this week ,the optional theme is Things with Wings. Dorothy S, DT member

Cicci said...

Helloooooo Andrea I just pop in and have to say I LOVE THIS card!!!! beutiful image !! HUGS Cicci
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

great image. and you have finished it off beautifully. so elegant. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

Shuly said...

oh i love this c & s card !! it's beautifully striking! your coloring is very impressive, minute details make it fantastically realistic, your background is magical and your theme is so touching! is it part of the bee alert program ? i know some challenges focus on bees

Shuly said...

oops, ps: thank you so much for playing along at Love to Scrap!

MagsB said...

Absolutely beautiful, Andrea! Belated thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Sandra DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Irene said...

Gorgeous card! I love it
Thank you for joining with us at Create and Inspire
Irene (DT Member)
Made In Borgo

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card! Thanks so much for participating in our SASAYAKI GLITTER challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper