Thursday 11 August 2016

New Pens and Experimentation

You all probably know by now I do LOTS of experimenting.  I got some new pens at Comicon a coupe of weeks ago.  I finally had a gap in drawing/ DT works etc. etc.  So it was time to play with my pens.

So then new pens are Chameleon pens.  They're quite different using blended ink as a starting point and building the colour up - or alternatively you can just use them as ordinary alcohol markers.

I've used the blending inks method here on these flowers.

Once I'd got the colour on I've added a little polychromos pencil to add to the intensity of colour and shading.

The image cut out with a Spellbinders die has then been distressed.

I've tried something really different with this card using very pale pastel design papers with just the main image having tons of colour to make it pop.  I'm not quite sure what I think of it but I know my hubby loves it.  It would be great to get some feedback.

Anyway the design papers (distressed) are from Lemoncraft.  There are a couple of white paper butterflies, some pearlised gems, tiny silver dragonfly beads and a couple of resin corners.  The design paper directly behind the image has been cut with a Spellbinders die to add some interest to the background without it overpowering the image.

Love to hear what you think about it
Cheer ladies
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature
Crafyhazelnuts Patterned Paper - August
The Crafters Cafe - Flowers
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes
Sasayaki Glitter - Use a Die Cut
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
CRAFT - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW your coloring is beautiful Andrea and the design really makes the flower POP! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Anet's Crafting said...

This is just beautiful Andrea, love it. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Karen K said...

Your card is terrific! Wonderful coloring, just amazing. Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Café!!

ursula Uphof said...

I agree this is a gorgeous card. Love your colouring and the distressed look. Hugs, Ursula

Unknown said...

Fabulous colouring! I Love it x

creationsnz said...

Super card and flowers, great colouring. So glad you joined us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

Creative world said...

Fabulous design and amazing coloring...thank you for joinig us at Craft your Passion
Hugs
Željka

Cara said...

wonderful colouring, the muted papers really make the image pop. Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

Khristina Sorge said...

The coloring on this is just fantastic! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - these gorgeous flowers just pop off the page - love it! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Theresa said...

love this image. i have used it myself. fab colouring. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Aileen said...

What an mazing looking image. Your colouring is brilliant.

Brenda said...

Andrea, your card grabbed me as I was looking over at Sasayaki Glitter Challenge Blog. This is gorgeous! I love the way the color pops. Using the more neutral papers was brilliant. I am really amazing at the coloring you were able to do with the Chameleon pens, I never could get them to work for me...maybe I need to pull them out again. Anyway, this is BEAUTIFUL!