Wednesday 25 November 2015

Christmas Ferns

I've tried something a bit different with this Christmas card - maybe you can tell me if you think it's ok or not.  I've used muted greens and browns as my theme rather than traditional or bright colours.

The image I've used is Aurora Woods from Ching-Chou Kuik.

It's been coloured with ProMarkers, cut out with a Spellbinders die and some antique linen ink applied at the edges to subdue the white.  I've then used another larger oval die and some black card stock to mount the image onto.

The papers are from Lili of the Valley and First Edition.

My bits of embellishments comprise of a chipboard sentiment from Hobby Craft in its natural state as I thought it went well with the card theme.  Some wooden snow flakes and gems also from Hobby Craft.

So there you go a bit different but I think it works ok
Andrea x

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges
Ching-Chou Kuik - Christmas
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Oh Christmas Tree
Crafty Time - Embellish It
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl - Use Any Image Challenge
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Left of Centre - Use a Sentiment
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes
Passion For ProMarkers - Christmas is Coming



9 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Fab sepia tones on this one, Andrea! Great colouring and love the wooden embellishments. Thanks again for joining in with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers. Lisa x

Gina's Cards said...

It's a wonderful Christmas card. Love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

Oh Andrea! Your creations are always beautiful! Love them all!
This card is so gorgeous! Love the image and all the embellishments you used!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Create and Inspire!
Hugs and Smiles :-)
Francesca

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
Monica - CCC DT

coops said...

Another stunning card Andrea.I love your fabulous layers and design and the image and colours are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautiful creations. Love the color combo and layers. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “Christmas”. It's more special as you have used a Ching-Chou Kuik image. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Andrea. I love the image and your colour choice looks amazing, I really like it! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rosina said...

Wonderful Card, pretty colors ....and a beautiful stamp...
Greetings
Rosina Loos guest designer CCAYR