Tuesday 16 June 2015

Kitty's feelin' blue

This stunning image from Ching-Chiu Kuik is called Christmas Venice Night.  I've coloured it before in blue and green (for my sister in-laws birthday) but this time I've gone for just blues.  I've done this with ProMarkers.  To make the bight blue stand out more I used a blender pen which takes some of the colour out and given it this beautiful effect as you can see below.

The image has been cut out with a Spellbinders die and edged with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink, mainly because I wanted the total white look to be subdued slightly.  I've also added some white gel pen to the image for the centre of the flowers and the cat's mask.

The papers I've used are from Our Daily Bread, Santoro Gorjuss and Lili of the Valley.  I've made it a total cat card with the fish paper in the background and the brass bird cage charm :)

The black lace is from The Ribbon Girl, the flowers from Live and Love Crafts and Wild Orchid Crafts.

The blue spotted ribbon which is tied in a double bow I got from Lili of the Valley when they were doing Little Bags of Ribbon.  The sentiment is from a Lili of the Valley art pad and the rhine stones are from my stash.

A birthday card for cat lovers definitely!
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Colouring Crazy Challenge - Blue Birthday
A Gem of a Challenge - Something Blue
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Cats & Dogs
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes/Layers
Art By Miran - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Include a Die Cut
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Monochrome


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning!! I love the deep blue and I have that lace too hehe I've not used it yet tho! Oh I do looooves my lace! Lol
Lucy x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a fabulous, beautiful colours and wonderful design.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Graph'It Colour Crazy Challenge this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Aurelia Aurora said...

Gorgeous blue card.. Love paper's choice.. Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #34 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and good luck at the draw ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Hath said...

Beautiful design, thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart - good luck! x

Gem x said...

Very pretty love the way the cat is coloured, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Andrea, what a delightful card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “all creatures great and small”. Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps. Don’t forget you are entitled to two entries into the monthly Blog Challenge draw as you have used a Ching-Chou Kuik image. For the first entry link to the card/creation you have created. For your second entry just link to your main blog.

Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

PS If you would like to be a future Guest Design Team Member please make sure you add “GDT” after your name on your entry for the challenge or write a comment in the comment box.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow your card is so beautiful I love the colors and the image is one I have looked at but never knew what I would do for it now I know. Thank you so much for joining us at CCK Challenge this month and good luck.
Linda K. DT

Helen said...

A very striking card - love the blue and black together

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge

Helen x