Thursday 11 June 2015

Bugs Rule!

This was one of those cards that kind of evolved - I changed my mind so many times with this one!  I coloured Oddball Art's image no 64 with ProMarkers, then cut it out with a Spellbinders die.

Now here I'm going to do some advertising - you can get 10% off these images at the Etsy Store with my code DTANDREA10 :)

Here's a close up of the image.

After that I faffed about for a bit with papers, partly because I started this last night and I was tired.  I'd decided I was going to do her with blue papers.  Today I changed my mind and dug out my purple stash.

These papers are from Lili of the Valley, there's actually three different ones.  I was going to do a more complicated layout as well but changed my mind as I loved the white paper with patched of purple - I though it went with the image really well.

I was also going to do her surrounded by flowers but when I spotted these pale blue dragonfly Dress It Up Buttons I though about the "Bugs Rule" notice with her sitting with a spider.  Her wings also made me think of butterflies.  So the sentiment I made up with self adhesive glitter letters which I bought in Hobby Craft.  I edged them at the right with some black biro to make them stand out.

Final touch some purple self adhesive gems from my stash.
Ta da! Got there in the end :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
Ribbon Girl - Animal Themed Card
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
I Love ProMarkers - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters - Goin' Buggy

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love that cute image on your card! Those tiny dragonflies are adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

Glenda said...

This is just so cute! I love the spider and the dragonfly buttons! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our 'Goin' Buggy' challenge!

Diane said...

A super cute, adorable and fun card....and right now here at least I think bugs do rule, it has been very buggy out..lol!! Thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Goin' Buggy" challenge!
Diane TSH DT

Mrs A. said...

Hi Andrea, commenting today with my official hat on. So glad you chose to go with purples. Card looks fab and wow that image is just so cute. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting. From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne. DT.

Darlene said...

LOL ... what a cute, cute creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Goin’ Buggy’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sheila H said...

Your bug card is sweet - those dragonflies are adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Unknown said...

I love this digi - she looks so cool sitting on that moon. :)
Great card design, too...

Terri's Cards N More said...

Very cute card. Love your paper choice and the dragonfly buttons are adorable. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Goin' Buggy" challenge.

Lizzies said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over on the I Love Promarkers challenge this week.

Patricia St Martin said...

She is adorable and colored so beautiful. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog