Thursday 25 June 2015

A Little Corner of Peace

This is my second mixed media canvas and I've remembered to take a few more pictures along the way to show you :)

It's a flat canvas from Hobby Craft measuring 20 x 26 cm.  After drawing the area to put the window, the first thing I did was to use my brick wall stencil by Tim Holtz and some modelling paste.  I added a few layers and added some texture sand paste to give it some character.  Both of these were by DecoArt.

Next step was to mix some acrylic paints, white with some colours and basically slap a layer on. Daler Rowney (white, light brown, brown and scarlet) and some Golden iridescent copper (fine).  the result from this can be seen i the next couple of pictures.



The resin picture frame I added was a Shabby Chic Treasure which I bought from Live and Love Crafts.  I then started to add some flowers and leaves into the window area.


Added to this just below the right of the window is my coloured image from The East Wind.  This image I've used is Aurora Siesta II which I coloured with Copics.  I fussy cut the image before gluing it to the canvas.


Once I'd done this and everything was dried I started to add the rest of the flowers.  These were all bought from The Ribbon Girl, Live and Love Crafts and Wild Orchid Crafts.

Here are a few more close up images.




The last few touches is added were some silver dragonfly beads and a resin corner that went with the window from the Shabby Chic Treasures set.

And this was the result.
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this canvas into the following challenges
The East Wind (Facebook) - Step Away from the DP
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Create and Inspire - Anything Goes
Colouring Crazy Challenge - Pretty and Pink
Gem of a Challenge - Summertime
{PIN}spirational - Pink
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Anything But a Card - Out and About


8 comments:

Holly said...

I wrote awesome when I saw your creation. But, I had more time to look at her tonight and that word really doesn't do it justice. Honestly, This is one of the most beautiful mix media creations I have ever seen. The colors, balance and the delicate hand to tell the story are a marvel ! As I looked at each pic, my Hubby looked over my shoulder and also marveled at it's beauty. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. blessings, Holly & Tim

Un Arcobaleno di Colori said...

Stunning creation Andrea! It's a great mixed media art work! I really love it! It's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Create and Inspire!
Hugs N Smiles
Francesca

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Holly & Tim - so glad you like it x

Eve's Been Reading said...

unbelievably gorgeous! It's just an awesome piece of work! Thanks for joining in the fun theme of 'Pretty and Pink' at Graph'It Markers Colouring Crazy Challenge Yvonne (DT)

Zora said...

Gorgeous art work love your colouring. Thank you for participating at TTCRD challenge this week, Hope to see you in the next challenge too.// Zora DT

Penni said...

Gorgeous card .
Thanks for joining us for our Pretty & Pink challenge at Graph'It Markers.
Hugs
Penni
xx
www.lazycatscards.blogspot.uk
www.graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk

Toni said...

What a pretty piece.... Love your little fairy !!!! She is stunning and the brick work with texture is beautiful... thank you for creating with us at Anything But A Card

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Thank you for participating in the last {PIN}Spirational Challenge. A new one will begin tomorrow... I hope you'll check it out and play along with it, too!