Saturday 6 December 2014

Flower shower


Having a great weekend so far, shopping most of the day Friday, getting my hair done today (the blond strip work out for my hairdresser - see blog pic ;) ) followed by more shopping and blog browsing - sigh.  I actually feel quite relaxed for a change.

Thought it was time for a posting.  My favourite colour as some of you know is pink.  I chose to do Stamping Bella's Paisley Has a Pressie in ProMarkers pinks.  I wanted her to be the main focus of the card along with the flower shower I'd planned, so I've kind of gone for a clean and simple look using just pink and white.  The only design paper I've used for this is pink from Lili of the Valley Solids - Bonnets and Bowties and some plain white card stock.

The flowers were punched out of three different off cuts/leftovers using two different tonic solutions punches.  To create the flower centre's (corolla's I've just Google'd it coz it was bugging me I didn't know what they were called) I've used a mixture of clear, white and pearlised self adhesive gems.  I've also used some pink gems in the image borders.

The sentiment is highlighted with pink ProMarker and is from the General Sentiments art pad.

The final touch to the card is some silver butterfly beads.   

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
In the Pink - Diecuts and Punches
Graph It Colouring Crazy - Two Colours
A Little Bit Crafty - Anything Goes - Not Christmas
Creative Card Crew - Birthday with a Sentiment

Got something else to post either later tonight (or tomorrow if hubby drags me off the laptop)
Happy crafting
Andrea x





2 comments:

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card... I always love Uptown Girls and you've coloured this one perfectly! The flowers embellish it so well too.

Thanks for sharing it with us at In The Pink this time. Good Luck and hope to see you sharing with us again soon..

Christine (DT)

Aluna said...

Fabulous card. Very delicate colors. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good Luck, Joanna DT