Saturday 18 October 2014

Cassie's Vampire Queen

I decided to play around a bit and do some Halloween cards just for a bit of fun.  I bought this stamp this week Kraftin' Kimmie's Vampire Queen.  I love reading horror (not the Dark Fantasy stuff but the real gruesome horror stuff) so I didn't want her to look girly.  I started colouring her at lunchtime at work using polychromos pencils.  Cassie saw her and said how much one of her friends liked Halloween and if I had time to finish her before the day she would buy her from me.  I used copic markers for the grey background and then finished her off today by stamping some bats from a PaperArtsy Collections.  I used a biro to fill in the "bite me!" and a few of the bats to make them stand out.

I've used black card stock for the background on the card and also used this to mount the vampire image.  The other papers are Lili of the Valley & NitWit Collections - Solids Promises and Lili of the Valley & Raspberry Road Designs - Father Knows Best.

The purple ribbon is a piece of satin and is from Lili of the Valley - Little Bags of Ribbon Purple.  Here's the freaky bit as I was preparing to mount the image over the top of the ribbon I managed to slice my thumb open with my craft knife - the lady obviously demands BLOOD!!

Anyway, once mounted, I gave her some purple and black roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and finished the card off with some black self adhesive gems.

She came out much better than I'd hoped and I know Cassie will love her.

I'm going to enter her into the following challenges
Creative Card Crew - Black Card Stock
Without Words - Boo
A Little Bit Crafty - Halloween
Paradise of Stamps - Halloween
Papertake Weekly - Superfly

Bite me :)
Andrea x


13 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic card, awesome colouring and great design, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Jac, I ended up cutting myself twice while making this one LOL :) x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Tania x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card! Thanks for joining our challenges at Creative Card Crew.
Hope to see you again
Yvonne

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Yvonne, I enjoyed your challenge x

Nathalie said...

Fantastic halloween card. Your colouring is fab!!! Thanks for playing with us at Paradise of stamp this week.
Nathalie

AndreaNorris said...

Thank you for your kind words Nathalie x

Mari K. said...

Lovely card, I really like the purple and grey together. Thanks for joining us at the Paradise of Stamps challenge this week!
-Mari K.
Paradise of Stamps DT

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Mari I enjoyed your Halloween challenge x

Wendy said...

Fantastic Halloween card.. Thanks for playing along with us at ALBC this month.
Wendy xx

coops said...

So stunning Andrea.I love the image and your background and colouring is fantastic.
Thanks for joining us this month at the Without Words Challenge ;D

xx coops xx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Coops, I originally wasn't going to do Halloween cards until I saw this image :) x