Monday 22 September 2014

Two tone monochromatic challenge

Well I've done it!  Never in a million years thought I'd be able to do this.  The current colouring challenge from Make It Colourful is to pick an image and then pick two colours and blend them towards each other getting lighter at the middle.

This was my second attempt.  First one bombed, did it in two sittings on my lunch break at work and managed to pick up the wrong blue - doh!  I was also using Elven Samenah.  This one is Anastasia which I've coloured with ProMarkers in the following colours to blend and shade.
Lavender, orchid, purple, pastel blue, denim blue and Capri blue.  I've also used a blender pen.

I wanted Anastasia's image to stand out more than the flowers so I started with her first.  Once I'd completed the image I used the palest purple and blue to create an abstract background which I then completed by adding in some glitter.  Colouring the image took me about 4 hours to complete.


Once I'd done this I then decided she deserved a card.  I went through lots of alternatives before I finally chose papers from my Lili of the Valley paper stash.
I added some flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts and finished the card off with some blue and purple self adhesive gems.

The whole thing took me about 6 hours to do, by far the longest project I've ever done.


I'm entering her into the following
A Creative Romance - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Pretty Woman
Crafty Little Faries - Sparkle & Bling
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
Paradise of Stamps - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl - Pastel colouring projects

Happy colouring - Andrea x




4 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Andrea, what a gorgeous image for a beautiful card, love it..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Janette x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colouring, your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid xx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Ingrid x