Monday 1 September 2014

Blue Birthday

I struggled to focus on single a colour to go for the background of this card after colouring Emmeline (from Make It Crafty) in lots of different colours.  I haven't done a "blue" based card for a while so thought I'd go with her hair.   Coloured the image using Pro-Lite Markers.

I'd also thought I'd try another sketch from Papertake Weekly - this one was sketch 81.

The backing papers are from Lili of the Valley and NitWits Collections - Petal Fresh and Solids - Snow Princess
The blue background ribbon is from Lili of the Valley Little Bags of Ribbons - Blue, the ribbon and bow with black hearts on a cream background are from Santoros Gorjuss.
I added a sentiment from Express Yourself DIY and finished the card off with self adhesive gems, blue and pink flowers, blue gems and white pearl hearts 



I've entered this card into
Papertake Weekly's Challenge - Sketchie Free For All
Divas By Design Challenge - Happy Birthday

Think next time I colour Emmeline I might try it with fewer colours?!?!

Andrea x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a sweet card and well designed, thanks for sharing over on our challenge on divas by designs x